Click on and follow the links below to see the articles :
An Accidental Muse L.A. Times (OC Edition)
January 26, 2000 -
- By Bill Kohlhaase, Special to The Times
- Calendar Section Cover Story ,
O.C. Register - December 5, 1999
- By Steve Eddy
- Karen in Evansland Gallinger Sings the Bill Evans Songbook - by Bill Kohlhaase, OC Weekly
- Gallinger Brings Life to Tunes : Jazz singer's tribute album to Bill Evans is being praised.
By: Don Heckman, Times Staff Writer
- Orange County Register - July 7, 2000 -by: Steve Eddy
More links on the way:
- The Orange County Register - Friday, June 12, 1998
- O.C. Register - June 15, 1998
- L.A. Jazz Scene - July 1998
- L.A. Times (OC Edition) - June 11, 1998
- O.C. Register
- LA Weekly
- L.A. Jazz Scene
O.C. Register June 15, 1998 ----Steve Eddy : She can scat with the best on a jump tune, then elicit tears with a torch song. If you look up "Sultry" in the dictionary, you very well could find a picture of Gallinger. For proof look no further than her new CD, "My Foolish Heart" or her previous effort, "Live At The Jazz Bakery" Both deserve a spot on your shelf - right alongside the work of the biggies."
L.A. Times (OC Edition) June 11, 1998 : "Gallinger has emerged from the trial-by-fire of bar gigs to become a jazz artist of ever blossoming depth, passion and sensitivity. She's been described as having "enough spirit and spark for two singers" ...the energy of Etta James with her own sassy style"
LA Weekly : "A voice of extraordinary range and quality ... Simply fun and irresitable"
L.A. Jazz Scene: "She's got it all ... voice, harmony,rhythm, timing, phrasing, projection, but ... most of all.... soul. She sings in a bold, yet sensuous style. "An original issue, in both personality and singing"
O.C. Register : " Few jazz singers around can match her stylish and sultry singing"
----Stix Hooper : " An Artist of intense depth and talent."
Vocalist ~ Educator ~ Author ~ Creativity Consultant
P.O. Box 331 * Monte Rio* Ca 95462 firstname.lastname@example.org